Friday, August 3, 2012

Maternity Photos

This week I got the opportunity to 'practice' taking maternity photos for a friend-of-a-friend.   Maternity photos are something that I had never done and was dreading having to do.   I feel like so often they are cheesy or just plain weird.  Rarely do I see any that I like.  Something about being pregnant just seems to bring out the strange photography fantasies in people...   

You know, like tiger people...
   or creepy naked ones.

Luckily, Bernadette was not only sane, she was extremely photogenic.   I really enjoyed our morning together.  She is only 22 years old and an incredible mom to one and expecting another.  Her family raises adorable red rabbits and easily have the strangest cutest cat ever.  But more than anything, she was a dream client.  Every pose was perfect and she had an uncanny ability to look 'candid'.   I can't wait to photograph her newborn son in the fall- even if he is only half as photogenic as his mother. 

Here are my favorites:




oh, and her cat!



On a business note, today I ordered business cards.  Wahoo!  I am well on my way to actually charging for my services. 


No comments:

Post a Comment